SHEA BUTTER, A NATURAL BODY BUTTER FROM GHANA
Shea butter, also known as shea butter, is a natural, soft butter that moisturizes, protects and helps repair the skin. Shea butter is made from the nuts of the fruits of the shea tree. This tree grows on the West African Savannah.
THE BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER
Shea butter contains many essential fatty acids and vitamins A, E and F . It is a very moisturizing cream that helps stimulate collagen production. This fantastic butter can help with dry skin, stretch marks , scars and fine wrinkles . Shea butter melts at body temperature and is therefore quickly absorbed by the skin. It is non-comedogenic, so you can use it daily without worrying about clogged pores.
HOW IS THIS SHEA BUTTER MADE?
You Madu shea butter is organic and unrefined. It is produced in the traditional way and is not refined . The shea butter is 100% pure and therefore contains no added chemicals.
The women of the Shea Butter Communities in West Africa make it traditionally by hand, using an ecological process that requires no modern machines or chemicals.
The Shea Butter Community consists of more than 20,000 members who mainly live in Burkina Faso and Ghana. They collect their shea nuts during the annual harvest season.
WHERE DOES YOUR SHEA BUTTER COME FROM?
We buy our shea butter from a small producer in Ghana , where Fair Trade wages are paid and part of the proceeds are invested in social projects such as building water wells.
YOU CAN USE SHEA BUTTER
- As a moisturizer: You can apply the shea butter directly to the skin because the butter melts at body temperature.
- As an anti-aging body butter: Melt a cup of shea butter in a pan, and let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Beat it with a hand mixer to a body butter, and add 10 drops of lavender and frankincense oil if necessary.
- As hair conditioner . Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil with 1 tablespoon shea butter in a double boiler. Let the mixture cool, then add 1 teaspoon of argan oil. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer until you get a creamy cream. Apply the cream to the hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with a natural shampoo.
- To soothe eczema . Melt half a cup of shea butter with two tablespoons of coconut oil in a double boiler. Let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Add three teaspoons of rose water and 10 drops of lavender oil to the mixture, and beat the mixture until it forms a cream. Store the mixture in a jar and in a cool place. Apply to sensitive areas of the skin once or twice a day to soothe eczema.
- Shea butter is best kept in a cool place.
- Shea butter can become gritty in warmer or colder temperatures, this will not affect the quality, but will make it more difficult to spread. To solve this easily, you can completely melt the shea butter au bain marie (can just be in the glass jar) and then let it cool for 20-30 minutes in the freezer.
100% organic, unrefined shea butter
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
SHEA BUTTER (100% ORGANIC AND UNREFINED)
✔ Hydrates the (dry) skin
✔ 100% Organic shea butter
✔ Pure & unrefined
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.